The Youth Employment Strategy is designed to keep youth engaged and provide the opportunity for youth to develop:
• Positive experiences
• Life skills
• Increased self esteem
• Engagement at appropriate developmental/social level
• Tangible work skills
• Personal goal setting
• Strengths and the celebration of those strengths
• Life path and positive future
The programs in the strategy include:
A summer employment program for youth ages 12-13. Over the winter our Hot Dog Cart received a face lift and is now the anticipated Urban Street Grill. You can find the Urban Street Grill out and about on Fort Saskatchewan streets or booked at various special events. We are looking for committed youth to work together with staff to plan menus and serve up delicious street eats. Youth will receive an honorarium for their participation.
Youth will learn and practice skills such as:
• Safe Food Handling
• Customer Service
• Menu Planning and Food Supply Shopping
• Money Handling
• Team Work
A summer employment program for ages 14-17. YEP offers youth an opportunity to spend 6 weeks of the summer experiencing the work field in a matched work placement. Youth are given 2 weeks of job and life skills training and 4 weeks in a job placement working 20 hours a week. Youth obtain an honorarium each week they work.
• Create cover letters and resumes
• Practice interview skills
• Receive a job placement at a local business
• Explore future education, career and life goals
For more information on our Youth Employment Strategy, please contact Brandon at 780-992-0103 or email email@example.com.